The Mud Room is Hiring!
We are always looking for friendly, creative, and hard-working people to join our team!
We offer a creative and fun work environment, and are currently looking to fill one or more part-time long-term positions.
Please fill out an online application. NO PHONE CALLS.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, award-winning local independent business? Do you want a job that’s both fun and challenging? Our creative DIY studio is looking for long-term superstars!
If you are:
- Friendly, outgoing and cheerful
- Patient and extraordinarily organized
- Excited to learn new things
- Energetic and have a great attitude
- Reliable and responsible
- A strong team player
- Attentive to detail and process
- Able to work well under pressure while wearing a smile
- A small, friendly and supportive team
- A creative, fun and fast-paced environment
- Ongoing training in customer service and sales
- Education for creative projects and mediums
- Opportunities to advance and grow in the company
- A chance to learn life skills and job skills
- Opportunity for monetary bonuses
You must enjoy working with people, be able to grab the attention of a large group and be ready to be “on” all day when the studio is busy. You do not need an art background, but you do need good “people skills,” as this job entails:
- Greeting customers and inviting them back
- Leading parties and classes for adults and children
- Cleaning, organizing, and stocking supplies
- Working weekends (a must!)
Are you super organized? Are you a cheerful, enthusiastic person who loves busy days working with people? We want you on our team this holiday season!
The Mud Room Host/ess position is a part-time, seasonal position with opportunity for sustained employment and growth for the right person.
We are looking for someone to greet and seat our customers during weekends and holiday breaks this winter and spring. Responsibilities include:
- Greeting groups and individuals as they come through our doors
- Instructing them in the basic operations of the studio
- Seating them efficiently
- Maintaining a positive, energetic and helpful attitude
- Aiding Studio Staff in busing tables, washing brushes, and other minor clean up in the studio
- Keeping our inventory shelves stocked and organized
- Other misc. tasks as needed
All applicants must be available to work weekends, available to work during Christmas and New Year’s weeks, and full of holiday cheer! Age 18+ preferred, but ages 16-17 will be considered.
All applicants must:
...be at least 18 years of age; be punctual and dependable; have reliable transportation
...be willing to learn; able to follow written instruction and able to work with little or no supervision; have good phone/verbal communication skills
...be professional, hard working and proactive
...be comfortable working with a PC; have basic computer skills using google apps, internet, cameras and basic apps
...be capable of lifting a minimum of 30lbs and capable of standing/walking for a 5 hour shift without difficulty
...be available year-round and over major school breaks (Christmas-New Year's, Spring Break, Summer)
...be available to work weekends
...be available a minimum of 12 hours/week
Unlike many retail positions, you will not just collect a paycheck at the Mud Room.
There are many benefits including gaining experience in order management and team relations.
This job begins as entry-level, but there will be plenty of opportunities to grow and gain new responsibilities for long-term team members.